cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locate Mac Address for WiNG5 conversion on RFS6000 version 4.4.2.0-001R

Locate Mac Address for WiNG5 conversion on RFS6000 version 4.4.2.0-001R

Justin_Cox
New Contributor II
I am looking for a simple CLI command that will tell me the MAC address of an rfs6000 to be used when upgrading to WiNG5. With WiNG5 it is a simple sh version, but the MAC is not listed in sh ver on WiNG4. I need to gather this from a large number of locations and looking for a short and simple command to output the MAC address that would be used to adopt to a VX WiNG5 controller.
7 REPLIES 7

Gavin_May
Extreme Employee
Per the 4.x cli reference guide, the command "show mac-name" will list the MAC.

I went through a 4.x to 5.x firmware upgrade and determined that the MAC Address of interface VLAN 1 under 4.x is equivalent to the Base MAC Address of the same controller once it was upgraded to 5.x. So if you run the command “show int vlan 1” under WiNG 4.x, you will get the MAC to use in your WiNG 5.x configuration. Perhaps you could test this one controller and confirm you see the same results.

Shoot, I guess that command only shows the MAC if you have already configured names / aliases for the various interfaces. Let me dig a controller out and fire it up. 4.x has not been supported for a few years so we don't keep them up and running.

Unfortunately, that is not it. #show mac-name Number of MAC names configured = 0 #show mac-name ? | Output modifiers > Output redirection >> Output redirection appending #show mac-name Number of MAC names configured = 0
GTM-P2G8KFN