Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meshconnex between two AP7131

Meshconnex between two AP7131

Forhad
New Contributor

Hello, 

I have two AP 7131 access point which I am trying to connect with Mesh. Both are running on Wing 5.7. How can I accomplish that? I have reading some topics here and some documentations here but it does not look like I am getting it right. Can anyone please give me step by step instructions using gui I really appreciate it. Thanks in advanced.

Thanks

Forhad

7 REPLIES 7

Forhad
New Contributor

Sorry forgot to add the picture.

c075c09e8ad543319aa2f30da833323b_4c99aa13-7816-4b4c-bf81-04e05236772c.jpg

Forhad
New Contributor

Thank you Ovais. I am still not having any luck. I followed the atttached instructions but there some options are missing in Wing 5.7. Like under the Smart RF - > Scanning Configuration there is no option to add the meshpoint. Then when I go to the statistics and select default and select mesh point then MCX logical view I can see both the APs. Please see the attached picture. The problem I am having is when I moved the second AP far from the root AP I cannot connect to the internet. Can you please help me with this? I really appreciate it. 

Thanks

Forhad

Ovais_Qayyum
Extreme Employee

Hi Forhad,

Attached How To MeshConnex guide should help you with step by step UI based instructions. The branding on the guide is a bit old but the content and all the UI options are still valid.

Since you have only two APs and no controller involved, one of the APs will be configured as Virtual Controller (VC) and entire configuration will be managed with the VC, instead of configuring two APs individually. 

Regards,

Ovais 

GTM-P2G8KFN