Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Authentication types on Radius Service Policy

Multiple Authentication types on Radius Service Policy

CRS
New Contributor

Hi all,

I’m new here and I’m preparing to deploy my first network with Extreme Wing wireless.

In my enviroment I will have an SSID with 802.1x for corp users and other SSID for guest witch captive portal.

I managed to make it work one at a time. I was not able to do both work same time because use of “Radius Service Policy”.

I saw that need to configure the Radius Service Policy inside Device Controller or Profile, but only one Radius Service Policy is allowed per profile.

The doubt is;

Is it possible configure 802.1x and internal radius for guest user using the same “Radius Service Policy”?

What is the best way for this configuration?     

Regards,

Claudio Rezende

8 REPLIES 8

CRS
New Contributor

Hi Christopher, thanks a lot for your help…  

I believe that I’m almost there but still not working…  look below, where I’m mistaking?

30380d10adf74859aa89448bea501cc2_8c8c215b-1241-4b66-a744-75ab0b8ec36b.jpg

Christopher_Fra
Extreme Employee

Hello Claudio,

Absolutely, but you will need to configure the Radius Server Policy/Authentication “Default Source” by adding both SSID’s and source (guest using local and corp using LDAP). 

CRS
New Contributor

Hi Christopher,

Both SSID will use internal Radius, Guest with user pools, but Corp will authenticate against Active Directory using LDAP.  

Is it sound ok for you?

Regards,

Christopher_Fra
Extreme Employee

Hello Claudio,

You are correct, only one radius server policy can be mapped to Wing device via self and/or profile (depending on deployment and usage). That being said, if both Corp and Guest will be using internal radius on Wing for authentication, you can map different user pools, which are mapped to groups, to the one radius policy. The radius server policy “Authentication Type” should be ALL. 

GTM-P2G8KFN