Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nsight vs e-guest

nsight vs e-guest

Jose_LV
New Contributor III
Hi everyoneI have 3 doubts in which I needed you to help me

-I have a vx9000 installed with Nsight. Could I export the Nsight database to be treated by third-party software? Would it be exported from here?

a227cd0345884cd893d03862b7b960fe_RackMultipart20180905-18644-tkzflb-databaseNsight_inline.jpg

-And on the other hand, I'm looking to replace Nsight with ExtremeGuest and I needed to know what captures one and the other. To know what I lose if I remove Nsight and install E-Guest. E-Guest I have not installed yet. Is there any comparison between these two platforms? Or some more explanatory document than the datasheet to see what each one specifically captures?

- And finally in the Extreme Guest specifications box, the part that says "user records in the database". Does it refer to 2 million users or 2 million user records? If a record refers for example when a client connects, another record when this same client enters a web, another record when changing web, etc. Or simply the client connects and whatever he does for E-guest is a single record.

a227cd0345884cd893d03862b7b960fe_RackMultipart20180905-10593-1bcdubi-E-guestRequirements_inline.jpg

E-guest also register unconnected customers, right?

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

Jose_LV
New Contributor III
The reason why I do not update this system is because many offices have slow connections and the update is constantly crashed.

But if this problem can come from the firmware version I will have no choice that to update.

I have attached to dropbox some debug eguest entries. In one of them there is a communication error with Eguest server, but eguest server is accessible by https ok...

Thanks

Shmulik
Extreme Employee
Indeed Jose we recommend to get on ExtremeGuest 5.9.2.x and WiNG 5.9.2.x these are compatible releases.

Shmulik

Slava_Dementyev
Extreme Employee
Jose,

could you share your running config from the VX controller, please (just remove any sensitive info like passwords/secrets and such)?
Can it even reach your EGuest server? The tree sync is happening over HTTPS (VX --> EGuest). Also once you initiate the sync, you should re-login to EGuest to reflect the changes. Which version are you running on both VX and EGuest?

Thanks,
Slava

Hi Jose,

I don't see any specific config issue related to the tree sync (I do see other config issues related to Captive Portal and WLAN config though that will need to be fixed later if you want to integrate fully)

is there any specific reason why are you using 5.9.1.2? Is it possible to go to the 5.9.2.1 or at least 5.9.1.5 releases?

If you still want to pursue this on your current build, then see what below will show on your VX controller:

#debug cfgd eguest
#logging monitor debug

then go to VX profile, remove "eguest-server 1 " line, commit, put it back on and commit again. That will restart the config sync process on the controller.

The log should after will indicate whether VX is actually sending config payload towards EGuest

Thanks,
Slava

GTM-P2G8KFN