cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX5500E Wing Express Manager

NX5500E Wing Express Manager

steve_kemball
New Contributor III
I have seen the end of sale notification for the Express access points but cannot find any notification for the NX5500E Express Manager that is also listed as end of sale at the end of March 2018.

Does anyone know what the future plan is for adding access points, or 'controllers' to an existing Express implementation?

9 REPLIES 9

steve_kemball
New Contributor III
Having read, re-read and then re-read again through the notification and migration documents to try and interpret/understand the implications it appears to me that:

Express Manager cannot be upgraded to 5.9.2 and cannot ever be used to upgrade any access points.

Express Manager will continue to manage adopted APs (configurations and retrieve stats) even though APs will be on newer firmware and likely incorporate additional capabilities going forwards not available/supported by Express Manager.

Q: Will 5.9.2 be available for RFS6000 and if so will it be able to upgrade Express APs to 5.9.2 ?

Christopher_Fra
Extreme Employee
Hello Steve....Please email me and I will send the notification to you:

Cfrazee@extremenetworks.com

steve_kemball
New Contributor III
Thank You Christopher, I can't see the notification on the 'End of Sale and End of Support' web page.

Is there a link please to this notification and this has implications for me having recently completed a multi-site deployment of NX5500E controllers and Express APs

Christopher_Fra
Extreme Employee
Hello Steve,
The EOS notice for the NX5500E, which also included the AP7522E, NX7510E, and VX9000E, was sent out 11/17/2017.
GTM-P2G8KFN