cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One time login Wing 5.8.6 Captive Portal

One time login Wing 5.8.6 Captive Portal

Anjar_Galuh
New Contributor
We have SSID with captive portal. We want to set 1 time login only for forever (Maybe locked by Mac address), is it possible? As i know, the default configuration is we need login to the captive portal after we disconnect or reconnect in the future.
Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5

Timo1
New Contributor II
You can use the inactivity-timeout command under the captive portal. Per default it's set to 600 seconds, max. is 86400 seconds / 24 hours.

If the client send no data during this time, the session is removed and the client need to relogin.

Timo1
New Contributor II
It's not possible. But especially for VVIP you should never use a open wifi.

I'll recommend the following:
- Internal AAA with MSCHAPv2 (quick, easy and secure)
- External AAA with MSCHAPv2 (a little bit complex, but with a better management options as internal AAA)
- External AAA with EAP-TLS (complex, because you need a certificate for each device, but most secure solution)

My User request me to Provide VVIP SSID with captive portal and One time login only for the future. even you forgot the SSID, as long as still same device, device login is not required. is it possible to do in RFS6000?

Timo1
New Contributor II
It's not possible with the internal solution. Why you need this? Maybe there is a other solution.
GTM-P2G8KFN