Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with AP650 being adopted by RFS6000

Problems with AP650 being adopted by RFS6000

GUTAN_Flaviu
New Contributor
Hello,

For 2 years, we have APs failing to reconnect to our RFS after programmed electricity cut. They are shown as offline in Wing and phisically the Amber led is blinking every 2 sec. or so and the green led is off. I tried connecting them directly to the RFS but nothing changed. We bought 3 more APs on e-bay and we have the same issue. Tried to reset the AP using the Motorola_AP_Discovery_Tool but I see the AP connecting to the RFS and then disconnecting itself 3 or 4 seconds later. For now we have at least 5 unusable APs all with the same symptoms. Any help or advice would be appreciated as we still have to continue with this infrastructure for atl least 8 months. Thank you
35 REPLIES 35

Andrew_Webster
New Contributor III
Gutan,

A couple of points...

1. The cluster looks okay.
  2. The APs are showing lots of uptime, but the adoption time is relatively short, just over a month. Have the RFSes been rebooted or some other loss of network connectivity occurred? Destabilization of the shared DB can also cause unadoption/readoption. There are some useful commands that can help pinpoint the issue, but you need to understand what you're looking at. I'm not sure if this CLI command is available in 5.4.1, but "show mint mlcp history" will detail what conversations are taking place between the APs and the RFS during discovery and adoption.
  3. I noticed that there is a * in the command prompt, this indicates that a component on the RFS crashed at some point. This can occur for many reasons, you can use "service show crash-info" to get details on what that was, and "service clear crash-info" to reset the flag.
  4. Version 5.4.1 is really really old (2012) and has loads of bugs. You can get covered with maintenance for less money than you think by getting Software & TAC coverage on your APs. This gives you access to latest software for APs and the RFS, including the ability to open cases with GTAC. I don't know what region you are in, but for reference, Software & TAC part number for an AP650 (AP0650-66030-US) is 97000-H30939 and it is $17 USD List price for 1 year coverage.

Hi Andrew,
Yes some of the APs and the RFSes have a lot of uptime. I have to say that we don't really get the chance to reboot them very often (once a year maybe). I added the result of the command mint mlcp history and also the service show crash-info.

a0862f1870694113828d9ec52d877f7d_RackMultipart20170613-57180-1l7ikr8-RFS3_inline.jpg

show
It seems that the AP650 from extreme networks is not recognized by the RFS?

How can we download the error log generated on the 8th of june?

Thanks

aholden
Extreme Employee
If you can log into the AP, you can delete the STARTUP-CONFIG. If you are unable to log into the AP, we do have a tool that will reset them, however you will need to open a support case to receive it

Hello Andy,

Is there another way to have that tool?

Hello Andrew,

Here are the commands results.

4cbde901dd694adeb119b6d9c3404ff6_RackMultipart20170613-48601-boxi8q-RFS2_inline.jpg

GTM-P2G8KFN