Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rfs4000 APs with State Off

Rfs4000 APs with State Off

bnorment55
New Contributor

Hi,

I have a RFS4000 controller with Wing 5.9. I have 7 ap460. 4 of them have State set to ON, but 3 have state set to OFF. The APs are setup and show Active in Wing, but when I run show wireless radio, State if OFF.

Any ideas?

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8

Christopher_Fra
Extreme Employee

This must be an Extreme OEM branded RFS4000, prior to Extreme acquiring Zebra WiNG. I don’t have any experience with Altitude 4620 and OEM branded RFS4000. Only WiNG controllers/access points. 

Sorry for the confusion and someone that supported the OEM branded RFS4000 with Altitude 4620 access points will need to comment. 

Thanks,

Chris Frazee

bnorment55
New Contributor

Im confused, we were sold this setup by Extreme 4 years ago and has been working. How did they get the configuration on most if not supported? The Wing states ap460, but the model is Altitude 4620.

Christopher_Fra
Extreme Employee

The RFS4000 v5.9 does not support the AP460s. AP460 support is under WiNG v7 and RFS4000 is not supported under WING v7. 

bnorment55
New Contributor

Also i noticed the StartUp/Running Config does not match what the Wing interface states. The APs that work have the correct config, the APs that do not, have close to empty configs. Tried to import one, but connection issue, APs do not ave IP addresses, connected to controller using MAC.

GTM-P2G8KFN