cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shutdown radios over snmp

shutdown radios over snmp

Mark
New Contributor
I am trying to shutdown the access point radio over SNMP.

I have an OID from the MIB that says I should be able to do this, but I cannot find a value that will be acceptable.

The OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.388.50.1.3.34.2.1.5 - wingCfgAltDevIfShutdown, is showing the current setting of the radio, and is a Read-Write value. It is Integer format, but I have no found a value that is acceptable using SNMPSET.

I enter "snmpset -r:(IP Address) -o:(OID stated above) -val:10", then I receive a badvalue(3) error. I don't know what value is acceptable as a value of 1 in integer format. Any suggestions?

This was done using snmpsoft.com snmpset function, AP7532, and WING 5.8.3 firmware.
7 REPLIES 7

Yurii_Sulak
New Contributor
Hi Maik, try IF-MIB::ifDescr to define your wifi interface on device , than set this interface off by ifAdminStatus.

Maik
New Contributor
Any further ideas here?

Maik
New Contributor
Hey Christopher, I got it working, thanks fot that!

For a complete solution of my task, I need to view/change the PSK of wlan. Is there any value at the private community tree?

Christopher_Fra
Extreme Employee
I am testing on WiNG v5.9.0, but believe the MIBs are the same. I am using the WING-MIB.mib file from the AP7522 v5.9.0 firmware zip file in conjunction to Ireasoning MIB Browser. I successfully can use the following to set the WLAN shutdown (integer, value = 1) and to re-enabled use integer, value = 2).

wingCfgWlanShutdown OBJECT-TYPE
SYNTAX TruthValue
MAX-ACCESS read-write
STATUS current
DESCRIPTION
"

XPath: /wing-config/wlan[name=key1]/shutdown"
DEFVAL { false }
::= { wingCfgWlanEntry 3 }

GTM-P2G8KFN