Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking user activity on WiNG APs

Tracking user activity on WiNG APs

cosmingrosu
New Contributor

Hello,

I need to track the user management activity on my comapny’s WLAN. I need to know what users logged onto the controller or APs, which commands they used, along with timestamps. I would also like to know if there;s a way to track what configurations a user made via the controllers GUI interface. I am open to any kind of notifications like  syslog, SNMP traps, email, or simply a log on the GUI interface.

Could you please help me with some indications?

The controller is a RFS 4000, the APs are 7522 and 7532 running firmware version 5.9

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ovais_Qayyum
Extreme Employee

Hi, 

The following “service show command-history on <device name>” command should get you what you need; the Location tab will show the ip address and port which is used to access the device. 

31e3e92731a340fa9b26358f8b7b79ee_545d19e2-2be1-44e1-8b4c-f4aa1011aeca.png

Regards,

Ovais

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Christopher_Fra
Extreme Employee

Ovais has provided the steps for command line interface and there is nothing similar for UI.  

You can create an Event Policy (UI under Configuration > Devices > Event Policy and select event module system. From here, you can use SNMP, Syslog, and/or email notification for logins, config-commit, and config-revision, in order to know the user that did access the system and if there was a config mod pushed, config-revision would be incremented. 

Regards,

Chris

Ovais_Qayyum
Extreme Employee

Hi, 

The following “service show command-history on <device name>” command should get you what you need; the Location tab will show the ip address and port which is used to access the device. 

31e3e92731a340fa9b26358f8b7b79ee_545d19e2-2be1-44e1-8b4c-f4aa1011aeca.png

Regards,

Ovais

GTM-P2G8KFN