Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VX9000 total wireless LANs ?

VX9000 total wireless LANs ?

Vimalraj_Veerab
New Contributor III
Hi guys,

Bonjour,

Please help me that, in VX9000 total of how many WLANs can able to add .?

14 REPLIES 14

Shay,

I have to admit that using dynamic VLAN assignent + AAA sound like really elegant way to do the sorting!

Good job

Regards,
Ondrej

Ondrej_Lepa
Extreme Employee
Hello Vimalraj,

As per data sheet the limitation is 1,022 WLAN entries.
This is code limitation as VX does not broadcast WLAN at all.

Theoretical maximum of WLANs per AP is 32 (in configuration), with maximum of 8 SSID per radio (broadcasted).
However, you shall not exceed 6 WLANs per radio as written by Shay above.
Even 6 is very high number which will cause significant degradation of radio performance.
See this SSID Overhead Calculator by Revolution WiFi

Rule of thumb - do not use more than you need and try to aggregate wherever you can.

Regards,
Ondrej

Hi Vimalraj,

what do you mean by "hidden"?
Is it no broadcast-ssid or no answer-broadcast-probes?

• no broadcast-ssid just leaves the SSID field empty, but beacon still has to occur due TIM etc.
  • no answer-broadcast-probes is mitigating active scanning with null SSID / blank request but will still respond to direct probe request.
These options won't help to relieve the utilization.
Based on the capacity planning and number of clients you may, or may not, experience issues with the radio performance.

In other words:

If you do not experience any issues so far, you probably did not exceed the capacity.
If you do experience client stability issues this is the point whee I would start considering wireless site survey / check the capacity planning.

Regards,
Ondrej

Thanks for your clear clarification Ondrej,

If I'm using 9 SSID which all are in hidden mode on same access Point over a corporate setup total of 53 Access points I'm using it.

It will cause any impact. If yes means please help me to sort it out.

FYI.
Access Point model :- AP7532
Controller :-- VX9000

Thanks a lot Ondrej,
GTM-P2G8KFN