Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wing 5.8.5 reports AP's as down but they are not

wing 5.8.5 reports AP's as down but they are not

Phil_storey
Contributor
Hi All
We had a power outage last week, some parts of the network stayed up on the UPS and others the UPS's failed after 20 mins. since then the RFS shows that some of the AP's are down, but they have clients connected, I can get onto the AP's being shown as down via the AP's ip address, I have reset the units, but the RFS ( wing 5.8.5 ) still shows as down ?
I have also restarted the RFS units as well.
now Im confused ( Oh no I'm always confused , thats normal )

27 REPLIES 27

Andrew_Webster
New Contributor III
Sounds like your cluster could be at issue. Make sure both members of the cluster are present and it is working as expected.

From the cli:

show cluster members

Phil_storey
Contributor
Hi
This is very strange, So we have a mixture of AP7532's and 7131, split accross two server rooms,
the AP7532's have all come back, but none of the AP7131's
The AP's connect to a Nortel 5520 in either server room and the switches are part of a stack. the AP's sit on VLAN 1 ( flat network )The two RFS units show up in the gui,
I have restarted teh AP7131 and the notel 5520's

The show mint neighbours
rfs7000-Backup(config)*#sh mint neighbors
5 mint neighbors of 70.38.0A.F9:
4D.80.C3.AC (ap7532-MO-Nr-HR) at level 1, best adjacency vlan-1
4D.80.C5.F4 (AP7532-ICT-B4a) at level 1, best adjacency vlan-1
4D.80.C6.24 (ap7532-B4-Stores) at level 1, best adjacency vlan-1
4D.82.BD.80 (ap7532-B4-CommsRoom) at level 1, best adjacency vlan-1
70.81.BE.8E (rfs7000-Primary) at level 1
Even the Primary RFS is no showing as down in the gui from the backup unit

The AP732's seem fine its Just the AP7131 units, although 1 unit is showing and Both RFS units are working

Daniel_Mejia
Extreme Employee
Good point Justin, it's also possible that there were uncommitted changes made to the configuration that were lost with the power outage.

Phil, hopefully you have a backup of the configuration and can verify the settings are the same.

Justin_Cox
New Contributor II
Since you had a power outage, I would start with ensuring uplinks/VLANs/trunking is all still properly configured from the switches back to the RFS.

Timo1
New Contributor II
Additional you can check if you see MINT neighbors.

show mint neighbors

MINT is used for communicating between all WiNG devices. Are all devisees using the same VLAN?
GTM-P2G8KFN