Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wing 5.8.5 reports AP's as down but they are not

wing 5.8.5 reports AP's as down but they are not

Phil_storey
Contributor
Hi All
We had a power outage last week, some parts of the network stayed up on the UPS and others the UPS's failed after 20 mins. since then the RFS shows that some of the AP's are down, but they have clients connected, I can get onto the AP's being shown as down via the AP's ip address, I have reset the units, but the RFS ( wing 5.8.5 ) still shows as down ?
I have also restarted the RFS units as well.
now Im confused ( Oh no I'm always confused , thats normal )

27 REPLIES 27

Phil_storey
Contributor
Its all back up and working,
Broke the cluster , cleared the startup-configs on primary and backup units then took each AP down and deleted the startup-config , Pushed the last good startup-config to the primary RFS and put the AP's back online one at a time.

VLAN800 will be for the ap's to communicate woth the RFS,
So unger GE1on the rfs the mode is trunk
natvive Vlan 800
then tag the native vlan
and the allowed vlans 1,10

On the nortel switch on the port the a member or vlan 1,10,800 and tagall

Under cluster do ia set the cluster valn to 800

and on the AP under adoption do I set the controller vlan to 800

the under ethernet ports ge1 set the native vlan to 800 and tag it and then allow vlans 1,10

then on the switch the AP's connect to have the port a member of vlan 800,1,10 and tagall ?

Phil_storey
Contributor
Hi Andrew
I think I will take the RFS units offline and remove the startup-confing from them then fire tha last known config back in, this was taken on the 26/5/17, As I know this config was working it should rule out the RFS and the AP's. The plan is to do this tomorrow morning.

I have setup a new vlan on the nortel switches vlan800 - now this is where i struggle a bit
if I setup vlan 800 do i set the cluster vlan to 800 on the RFS units and then on the AP's set the controller valn to 800 ?

then on the AP under networks ge1 set the native vlan to 800 ? and then allow the other two vlans 1,10

Andrew_Webster
New Contributor III
Phil,

By what means are you "looking at online devices"? It appears as if some LLDP or CDP packets are perhaps clouding the issue.

I think this issue is going beyond the abilities of troubleshooting in this forum. I think you're going to need some hands-on assistance to get this resolved.

If you have software support on your APs, please reach out to GTAC, they can assist. If you don't have support on your APs, software support is not as expensive as you might think, and in addition to calling GTAC, it also entitles you to the latest version.

Phil_storey
Contributor
Still confused as to what has happened. But looking at the online devices I have to that report they are connected to SEP:64167f829866: port1 , This appears to be a mac address of a Polycom VvX201 VOIP phone, I restart the IP phone then refresh the online devices view and then it show the two AP's as being connected to Primary RFS ge1, Then as soon as the phone has booted the ap's show as being connected to the phone again. None of the other online devices are connected to the anything ?
GTM-P2G8KFN