cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wing AP Migration and Controller Adoption

Wing AP Migration and Controller Adoption

Bruno_Amarante
New Contributor II
Do APs in the same control vlan influence each other regarding controller adoption?

I just tried to give specific option 191 to just 1 AP and for some reason it was stuck adopting on my old controller cluster

And then out of the blue not only that on adopted according to the new option 191 but another one which did not get the dhcp option decided to adopt on the new controller as well ¬¬

I'm just trying to plan how I will migrate the APs to the new controller on a per AP basis but if this is the case I could have issues

Is there some procedure or included in documentation AP migration?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Bruno

12 REPLIES 12

Bruno_Amarante
New Contributor II
Thanks for the replies

There's no local controller available, the rfdm is also not configured to be a controller, the APs are moving between the old RFS6000 and the new VX9000 (both not onsite)

unless is the RFDM that is sending them back to the RFS6000? Is that what you mean?

So if I set both RFDs to controller managed they will disregard the RFDM and just use option 191?

Andrew_Blomley
Extreme Employee
Yes The rfdm will try and manage the aps in the rfd In the rfd on the controller that you are moving from select controller managed Repeat this step for the new controller Then you can move the aps over to the new controller by changing the dhcp option and each ap will move one at a time to the new controller When you have finish set the control vlan again. Finally make sure there is a single mint link from each site Using show mint links on the controller

vanelm
Contributor
Hi Bruno,
Local controller available on L2 would be always preferred. Check with "show mint known-adopters" on AP and make sure there is only one provided with the option 191 is there.

Misha
GTM-P2G8KFN