Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wing EAP-TLS help

Wing EAP-TLS help

Bart_Bielewicz
New Contributor II
Hi,

I've been fallowing the below guide for EAP-TLS. Would anyone got more documentation please? This is the first time im trasked with EAP-TLS and could fo with more info.

How To: How to configure WiNG based RADIUS server to process EAP-TLS authentication? | Extreme Porta...
Force remove preview
How To: How to configure WiNG based RADIUS server to process EAP-TLS authentication? | Extreme Portal
First of all, make sure you have following done: proper PKI setup to issue certificates for clients & trustpoints your wireless client has proper personal | machine certificate installed with corresponding private key your APs have a valid trustpoint from the same SSL chain of trust If you do not know How to import digital certificate to WiNG controller, follow the relevant article.
View this on Force >

Regards
Bart
5 REPLIES 5

Ovais_Qayyum
Extreme Employee
Hi Bart,
That guide addresses the use case where the WiNG AP/Controller is used as a Radius server and implements EAP-TLS as the authentication method. Of course, that would require you to add certificates to the AP/controllers that are working as Radius server. Usually, you won't use your wireless infrastructure to perform authentication specially in case of EAP-TLS. Not saying its not possible, but its just not done widely. 

In your environment, do you have a Radius server or NAC perhaps that could be used to authenticate Domain computers/user using EAP-TLS? it would be more scalable and easier to maintain.       

Regards,
Ovais

Hi Ovais,

Thanks for responding...

Yes, we do have the radius server on the network.

We actually moved a couple of steps forward since my post. as I managed to get a bit better documentation from extreme.

The current issue is that the trustpoint file-sync command fails. Basically, the bundle has been loaded on to VX controller but the file has since failed.

MKTVX1#show file-sync load-file-status
Download of EAPTLS10 trustpoint is complete

but the file sync fails

AP08 failed 2021-11-25 11:28:01 3 MKTVX1 Error in loading trustpoint

AP07 failed 2021-11-25 11:28:01 3 MKTVX1 Error in loading trustpoint

AP26 failed 2021-11-25 11:28:01 3 MKTVX1 Error in loading trustpoint

AP03 failed 2021-11-25 11:28:01 3 MKTVX1 Error in loading trustpoint

Upload the guide I was fallowing for reference.

Any idea please?

Regards
Bart

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II
Hi Bart,

Just to make sure what path should we follow - do you need the WiNG onboard RADIUS server be used to work with EAP-TLS, or would proxying to your existing RADIUS do the work?

Cheers,
Tomasz

one of the best information thanks for sharing tomas 

paint spray

GTM-P2G8KFN