Did you mean: 

Wireless clients only packet loss after 3 hops

Wireless clients only packet loss after 3 hops

Aviv_Kedem
Contributor
Hello community,

I have a very interesting issue.

We have:
There is 9 pieces of AP6532 with vc, about 10 wireless terminals running emulation (port 23).
WLAN and management on the same vlan. All settings as a best practices.

The issue:
When i pinging the app server is sitting 3 hops from my vlan (or other servers in the same network as the app server) I have a packet loss about 6%, even if I pinging the specific (telnet) port.

Tested:
When I pinging the app server from Ethernet side (the same vlan as wireless clients) - all is working fine - 0% packet loss (even with a large packet size).
When I pinging the internal vlan or the nearest 2 hops - all is working fine - 0% packet loss
The local vlan is very-very quite, the is only 20 alive ip's.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks,

Aviv

5 REPLIES 5

Aviv_Kedem
Contributor
Hello guys, Anybody have an idea? Thanks

Hello Gareth,

Thank you very much!

Aviv

Aviv

Some packet loss is to be expected in wireless, it is not comparable to wired. You might find with ping for example, that the client on test doesn't give it very much priority and may go to sleep more frequently than it would with TCP traffic for example. Lowering the DTIM might help with this or even ping timeout (-w) - but even then you might drop some packets.

I would recommend taking a wireless trace to determine where the packet loss occurs. Please open a case with GTAC if you need further help.

-Gareth

Yas
New Contributor

Hi Aviv

I think that you must control your device 's Wireless configuration
GTM-P2G8KFN