cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Mobility v5.3 access denied

Wireless Mobility v5.3 access denied

JohnSandis
New Contributor
Hello all! I have ran into an issue with our current WM3700 unit running WM v5.3. I was recently having an issue with making a new SSID appear on our active radios. It turns out that something had happened and their default configuration was being overridden. After clearing out the override on one specific AP to ensure this was the issue, I proceeded to make the changes to the other access points. I completed the changes and clicked on SAVE. At this point, the unit locked up and started throwing connection errors. All buttons where disabled, and I was forced to close the browser tab. I attempted to reconnect, and it timed out for about 2-3 minutes, then came back up to the login screen...acting as though it had physically rebooted.

Once the device came back online, logging in has proven to be impossible. It keeps giving me the error MEC1000E CRITICAL. I will attach a snip of the error. No usernames or passwords allow me to log in to the console, including the default username and passwords such as admin123 or abc123.

As of this point, all SSID's work and will allow anyone with the key to connect. Its almost like all configuration settings work, except for the login username and password for the wm 5.3 dashboard.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. I appreciate it very much.

e74bd5751e844e6da17fe77a73576198_RackMultipart20150630-25470-vhj4fq-mec1000e_inline.jpg

11 REPLIES 11

Chad_Smith1
Extreme Employee
I created a GTACKnowledge article on this topic for future reference: Unable to access WiNG 5.X device after clearing overrides

JohnSandis
New Contributor
That's what I am thinking too. When I checked back through the list of Configuration>Devices>AP, the 3700 is listed in with them and I totally overlooked it.

Chad_Smith1
Extreme Employee
John,

When you cleared the overrides you might have accidentally cleared the WM3700 overrides as well. That would have cleared the IP etc. Either way, glad you got it resolved.

JohnSandis
New Contributor
Well it is up and running. The vlan had lost its IP, along with any ability to SSH, telnet etc. Why? I don't know but after going back through and checking the settings again I noticed it. Thank you all for the help, have a good day!
GTM-P2G8KFN