cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At Last...VISIO STENCILS!

At Last...VISIO STENCILS!

Tamera_Rousseau
New Contributor
All Visio stencil links have been moved to our main website: http://www.extremenetworks.com/support/visio-stencils
Please use the links there to download stencils for your Extreme Networks products.

If there's something you'd like to see, let us know in the comments!

EDIT (Nov. 11): Links have been updated.
EDIT (Dec. 18): Updated Summit X link to include X460-G2.
EDIT (Sept 1, 2015): Links moved to main site. Updated SummitX to include X430, X450-G2, and X670-G2. IdentiFi now includes C35 and AP3825.
91 REPLIES 91

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi Shaun,
First, welcome to our community! Feel free to poke around, comment, ask questions, post ideas, etc. We're here to help and collaborate to make a better solution for everyone.

I like your idea of "crowdsourcing" the stencil work - it's certainly feasible and is something I think we're willing consider. If you were able to pick a product and record yourself adding connection points to it maybe others would pick up and follow suit. I actually have interns on my team who work in one of our labs - we like projects 🙂

Not sure what all is required to create new sets of icons for missing products, but I'm confident that I can get anything. If high-res images help, I have those.

This is currently the most viewed topic on our site, so I know people are interested.

-Drew

Hello,

I am new here but I have done this in the past when I worked for Proxim, Meru and Aruba... I am a wireless guy but I understand the need for the connection points.

What I recommend we do is work as a team to get this done in segments.

Since I am not a huge route/switch guy I don't want to sink a lot of time into doing these but I would be more than happy to post a link to a video or something that shows how to do it. They are not that hard and are priceless marketing tools that are a MUST for all networking manufactures to have for deliverables which helps sales.

Also another option is just get an intern out one of the mechanical engineering schools local in the bay area and have them do it.

I know how it is when things are tight for resources at many companies which is why I took the initiative to do this on my own as a hobby. My girlfriends hated it. 🙂

Shaun.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Agreed! At the moment we don't have a team dedicated to building these, so unfortunately, making these changes falls to whoever has time to pick it up and build/update them.
When the topic comes up again internally, this is on my list of items to suggest.

Thanks!

Ben_Parker
New Contributor II
Slightly off topic, but in relation to this. Can the datasheets and price list be updated to better describe what switches/modules will and will not support QSFP+ fan out cables. I am thinking specifically of the x460-g2, since as far as I know, it's QSFP ports are the only ones that don't support fan out.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Reposting as an "idea" for documentation improvement. Please reference the new conversation here: Update hardware compatibility matrices for QSFP+ fanout cables
GTM-P2G8KFN