cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying used switch on ebay, howto get updates?

Buying used switch on ebay, howto get updates?

Fred6
New Contributor II
I'm looking to buy an used Summit x440-24t switch on ebay. Is it possible to get updates to this switch without a support contract?
14 REPLIES 14

I am sure any of our authorized partners will give you offer for service contract.

Regards Zdeněk Pala

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
As far as I know this still can be done. The original post from Fred mentioned "without service contract". It Fred is ok to buy the service contract then the situation is completely different. As long as the product is not end-of-support... In case of need the support contract, please contact local sales team.
Regards Zdeněk Pala

You are correct, there is still a process for getting service contracts on gray-market product. Going through the local sales team is the process for this.

Also, note that the warranty is non-transferable, so there would not be any hardware coverage on gray-market products as well, even on products with limited-lifetime warranties.

Sorry to dredge up an old post. We are a small non-profit and have be given 2 X460G2-48T switches. They are in good working order just wanted to see if getting a support contract was still an option and how I might go about getting it setup?

EtherMAN
Contributor III
Pala I am mistaken in thinking at one time Extreme offered an inspection/re-certification of used gear if you wanted to put used gear into a current service contract??
GTM-P2G8KFN