cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Interaction || Networking Neighbors

Community Interaction || Networking Neighbors

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
As you know, The Hub is a community of Extreme Networks enthusiasts from all over the world. So now it’s time to get to know your "Networking Neighbors."

I’ll start.

I’ve been with Extreme Networks for just over 9 years. I started as an L1 Technical Support Engineer and was quickly promoted to L2 Escalation Support Engineer. Next, I took over management of our Global Services/TAC Lab. Since then, I’ve designed and built two labs in India, planned/designed/moved 35 racks of lab gear to our new office in North Carolina in under a week, and implemented a program to teach a team of network engineering interns to accommodate lab requests from GTAC. Our NC lab is basically a small datacenter – ~20 VMware servers hosting ~75 VMs, 2 storage arrays, 2 network cores, and ~25 distribution switches for aggregation of management ports for somewhere around 1000 devices. It’s my job as Sr. Lab Systems Engineer to take on new projects and keep the lab running!

On top of this and other roles, I’ve also been The Hub's Community Manager since October, 2014. I’ve always enjoyed helping people and this is another outlet where I can make a difference – there’s always plans to keep improving our community, so keep an eye out! When I’m not tinkering in the lab, I enjoy gaming, college sports, and craft beers.

Now it’s your turn!
Please take a minute to share a little bit about your expertise, background, hobbies, specific networking areas of interest – anything you’re comfortable disclosing (employer is interesting but certainly not required). Maybe you’ve got colleagues or coworkers who can benefit from spending some time here... invite them to join us!

Thanks,
-Drew

Updated Feb 20, 2019
20 REPLIES 20

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi Kyle. Welcome to The Hub! Glad to have you.

Suzanne_Barnett
Extreme Employee
Hi Jeremy,

Extreme Networks does not provide full self-study materials for the ENA/ENS, however we do provide quite a few online, Self-Paced technical training courses.

With close to 10 hours of recorded lecture content, these 17 modules encompass topics across general networking concepts, ExtremeXOS configurations including scripting basics, and ExtremeEOS configurations capabilities.

These modules are available to Partners, Customers, and Extreme Employees and can be located right off our Extranet as well as PartnerNet. Here is the link to the new self-paced materials: https://extranet.extremenetworks.com/MySupport/MyTraining/Web-Based-Training(WBT)/Pages/default.aspx

This year we have also phased our the ENA/ENS certifications, the certification requirements and Instructor Led training materials have been replaced with ExtremeXOS Fundamentals (3 day Course) and ExtremeXOS - Switching & Routing (4 day course), as well as a number of other certificiations. Please see the Extreme Networks Education Training page for more details.

Thanks,

Suzanne Barnett

Extreme Networks Technical Training Manager

Superb Info..!!!

Jeremy_Homan
New Contributor
Hello all!

I've been a long time lurker of these boards, and have been excited to see the growth within the last year! I love consuming technology and learning.

I'm a Sr. Systems Administrator for a non-profit here in the States. On a daily basis I get to work with all walks of technology.. VMware, Exchange, Citrix, SAN, Phones, ect ect..

My passion is in computer networking, and have been focusing on that for some time. Eventually, I'd like to work on my eXtreme certifications. Question to you Drew, where does one find good self study material for the ENA/ENS? What path would you recommend someone take?

Routing/Switching is what I enjoy most. Ive been in the Cisco world for years, recently joined the eXtreme world about 2 years ago.

Any advice you'd have would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

eyeV
New Contributor III
Hi everybody!

I'm a network engineer from Russia. I work in ISP segment. I have been in front of console window since 2010. Not so long, actually, but I'm trying to learn something about networking every day! I am really interested in communication with colleges from another country. It's a bit difficult because of my pretty poor English )

So... I have bunch of hobbies. I really love networking, analog photo and... horse riding.
GTM-P2G8KFN