cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Interaction || Networking Neighbors

Community Interaction || Networking Neighbors

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
As you know, The Hub is a community of Extreme Networks enthusiasts from all over the world. So now it’s time to get to know your "Networking Neighbors."

I’ll start.

I’ve been with Extreme Networks for just over 9 years. I started as an L1 Technical Support Engineer and was quickly promoted to L2 Escalation Support Engineer. Next, I took over management of our Global Services/TAC Lab. Since then, I’ve designed and built two labs in India, planned/designed/moved 35 racks of lab gear to our new office in North Carolina in under a week, and implemented a program to teach a team of network engineering interns to accommodate lab requests from GTAC. Our NC lab is basically a small datacenter – ~20 VMware servers hosting ~75 VMs, 2 storage arrays, 2 network cores, and ~25 distribution switches for aggregation of management ports for somewhere around 1000 devices. It’s my job as Sr. Lab Systems Engineer to take on new projects and keep the lab running!

On top of this and other roles, I’ve also been The Hub's Community Manager since October, 2014. I’ve always enjoyed helping people and this is another outlet where I can make a difference – there’s always plans to keep improving our community, so keep an eye out! When I’m not tinkering in the lab, I enjoy gaming, college sports, and craft beers.

Now it’s your turn!
Please take a minute to share a little bit about your expertise, background, hobbies, specific networking areas of interest – anything you’re comfortable disclosing (employer is interesting but certainly not required). Maybe you’ve got colleagues or coworkers who can benefit from spending some time here... invite them to join us!

Thanks,
-Drew

Updated Feb 20, 2019
20 REPLIES 20

Boopathy_Chandr
New Contributor II
Hi everyone...!!!
I am Boopathy Chandrasekar from Bangalore...I am a Network-Engineer...!!!
I don't know Where to begin in Extreme...Because I am new to Extreme product..!!!
If any one have tutorials or videos related to Extreme..Please share with me...!!!
Thanks in advance..!!!!

Looks like you found information on this thread for Training Boopathy. That's a great place to start.

If you're working with EXOS, here's a link to a quick start guide covering the basics:
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/Is-there-a-quick-reference-or-cheat-sheet-for...

In addition to EXOS, there is a ton of information on ExtremeWireless (IdentiFi) and ExtrmeControl (NetSight) on GTAC Knowledge: https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com

The best resource you already found...our Hub Community. You'll find answers flow freely, conversations move quickly and resolutions evolve daily.

Give a little, get a lot in return. Welcome to the Hub!

Tonya_Lilly
New Contributor
Hello everyone! I am a Network Engineer. I'm new to the Extreme products. Learning a lot and having fun doing so! Any recommendations on where to get started?

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi Tonya,
Welcome to The Hub - glad to have you! You've come to the right place to get started.

Suzanne posted a link above to self-paced training that you may find yourself interested in. Another document to start with is the EXOS Quick Guide.
Feel free to search and ask questions here on The Hub. I'd also strongly recommend looking at GTAC Knowledge when you have questions - many common issues are described and resolved there.

-Drew

Kyle_Buffington
New Contributor
Hello everyone!

I am Kyle Buffington and I am a Senior Network Engineer and have been using Extreme Networks for probably 15 years or maybe more. My memory is not the greatest. 🙂

I help run a medium sized 5 BD8810, 35 X460, 10 EAPS ring network.
I have worked with Extreme on a lot of different projects and have even worked with the developers on some pretty late hours with some pretty hardcore issues.

I have enjoyed my Extreme Networks network and will continue to back them as long as we have them in our shop.

Regards,

Kyle
GTM-P2G8KFN