Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Support Site Downloads

Slow Support Site Downloads

Ben_Parker
New Contributor II
Hi,
Can the bandwidth on the support site available for downloads be somehow increased. Even when you are at location that has large amounts of available bandwidth files don't seem to download much faster than 500Kbps.

Particularly when downloading the software updates this can take a large amount of time, when you are trying to address issues and didn't pre-download things, or when you have to be mobile and don't have a continuous connection for the several hours the downloads take.

Thank you
23 REPLIES 23

Ben_Parker
New Contributor II
Hi,
I wanted to bump this because it is still an issue. Because the downloads to so long, multiple hours often, they are much more likely to fail increasing the bandwidth consumed by you and us.

Is there any other input we can provide to help resolve this.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi Ben,
I felt your pain this morning myself while downloading Netsight. I can say that we are in the process of testing a new solution that will solve this problem. Unfortunately, I don't have a timeline to provide but am hoping to have more information to share within the next few months.

I'll see if I can get someone closer to this project to chime in...

Ben_Parker
New Contributor II
Thank you, It is much appreciated.

Hirst__John
Extreme Employee
Ben, I'm sorry. We know that this is an issue and have been working to resolve it. I'm hoping we will have a solution very soon. We'll keep you posted. Thanks for your patience.

Ben_Parker
New Contributor II
Hi, I wanted to bump this again. Working at a customer site and ran into a case where we needed to upgrade again and there are new releases. The customer has plenty of bandwidth but our download speeds are still throttled to what is currently estimated as an hour. This is an issue for those of us in the field that don't always know what we are going to run into. Please take a look at doing something to fix this. Thank you
GTM-P2G8KFN