cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

command show the broadcast?

command show the broadcast?

MUNIR_ENG
New Contributor III
Dears, Whish the good way to show my if the my switch have be broadcast? Im using extreme switches in my network type summit 450x dc
13 REPLIES 13

Munir,

That looks absolutely beautiful. The switch output in that screenshot shows very little actual packets going to the CPU.

Thanks for the explain Bard , i did your steps as you told me, i would inform you about the results obtained by steps . and please inform me if the result normal or unstable ?

10abb2e849f84a839c19f0e7f7b18689_RackMultipart20160318-120828-47tsum-Switch_L2state_Vlan_inline.jpg

Another quick way to find this is to do a show port utilization for switch that is ina broadcast loop and the two ports that are looped together will have RX and TX at 100% .. all other ports will only be TX 100%. Disable either one of those two ports and no more loop... Other thing we do on all newer XOS switches put a rate shape on broadcast packets only ...Access/client ports 100 pps ..... Gig Trunk ports 2000 pps..... ten gig trunk ports 5000 pps... looped port will get slowed down b the rate shape and send a trap ....

Munir,

When troubleshooting a broadcast storm, I like to use the "show l2stats" command. This will display the number of packets that have gone to the CPU on a per vlan basis. Before running the command, I will issue a "clear counters" command and then "show l2stats" at a known time (4-5 seconds or so). This way I can determine about how many packets per second have gone to the CPU and can determine which vlans are high or not. If there is a standout vlan, I will then use ELRP in order to find out which ports are looped. Hope this helps.

Brad

grateful. Thank you
GTM-P2G8KFN