cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

command show the broadcast?

command show the broadcast?

MUNIR_ENG
New Contributor III
Dears, Whish the good way to show my if the my switch have be broadcast? Im using extreme switches in my network type summit 450x dc
13 REPLIES 13

Munir,

In your snapshot the broadcast counters are fairly low, so unless you had just cleared the counters I do not think there is an issue with broadcast traffic on the network. Even still, it is a small amount proportional to the total traffic on the port. I don't think you have a problem.

However, I must say that it is difficult to determine from a snapshot of the command. When you are suspecting a problem with broadcast traffic on your network (i.e. broadcast storm) then you need to look at the rate of broadcast traffic. A sustained transmission of a large amount of broadcast traffic would indicate a potential problem with broadcast traffic. What is a large amount? Well that depends on a lot of factors. Generally, the larger the broadcast domain (more devices in the VLAN) and the larger the number of VLANs on the port the more normal broadcast traffic you will see. Any sustained broadcast of 500-1000 pps on an edge port would probably be something worth investigating.

I am grateful to you, in below image the value when i did show ports statistic ?

that's mean i have some thing wrong in my switch?

1379aebd3c784310890a9deef6c18310_RackMultipart20160318-72830-1ut5li0-Switch_Bcast_Ports_inline.jpg

Munir the 7th column "Rx Pkt Bcast" (in bold) is the number of broadcast packets received on the port. The 9th column "Tx Pkt Bcast" (also in bold) is the number of broadcast packets transmitted by the port.

Thank you. But which number infirred on brodcast?
GTM-P2G8KFN