cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heatmaps

Heatmaps

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Anyone else here, want the ability to say how high up each AP is installed? and also whether its mounted on a wall or a ceiling?

I know I do.

We can have two offices here with different ceiling heights, and being stuck with setting a single height cant produce as accurate as possible heatmaps, can it?

Also, if its mounted on a wall, vertically, it has got to have a different heatmap than if it was mounted on a ceiling horizontally, right?

I cant be the first to ask this, so is there a chance this will ever happen?  Heatmaps are very, very useful for helping to diagnose and troubleshoot potential issues, and I know having the above would probably help us out more.

i wasn't even told how important heatmaps were, and only found out after going through hell issues, which have thankfully been resolved. But now I have quite a few of my building plans done, those heatmaps have helped me understand some complex issues.

Anyone else curious about this?

12 REPLIES 12

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Thanks Sam.  I just sent you a reply message concerning this.

Legal reasons…… hmmmm… always something legal in the way, making what is a good thing more difficult to accomplish..  Well, I wish you luck getting that into the community page.  I believe the benefits to your customers will really pay off having this in place, and I know there will be a lot of people in this community that appreciate your efforts to make this happen.

It will certainly engage your customers, as well as allow them to see any follow-ups on their feature requests, versus not knowing if the request has made it further than just being emailed to their SE.

Thanks again,

Jason.

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I just sent you a message with your local sales engineer (SE) @systemscsn. And I have indeed thought about bringing feature requests to the community, I’m hoping to make that part of our new gamification system (coming to a community near you later this year). There are a few legal concerns we’re still working through though, so I can’t make any promises yet.

@Brian Anderson, thanks for the suggestions and for seconding the feature request. If you want to submit your own feature request, that will help our engineering team prioritize this request. If you’re not sure who to reach out to for your SE to submit a feature request, please let me know where you are located generally, and I will find you a local contact to email.   

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Also bear in mind, we are on about 90 or so acres, and have 20 buildings.  Most have two floors, but we have ones that are a single floor as well as another with three floors.  Some are wooden frame, others are cinder block, as well as cinder block that's filled with concrete.

We have 160 AP’s in total, most are AP650(ah) for indoor use, and we have about 14 (or so) AP1130’s for outdoor (a couple used inside our sports field house - it’s a really big gym) use.  We use ExtremeCloud IQ (EIQ).

Sorry, just wanted to give an idea of the size of the place, and what we use.

Regards,

Jason.

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

And that's the problem.  Yup I can do it by floor for an entire building, but I have buildings where the ceilings are not the same height (yeah i know, crazy… but true) as others on the same floor.  We have a building that's got about 15 rooms and 7 of them may all be 10 feet high, another 7 of them might be 15 feet and the remaining 1 is 8 feet high.  So its possible I have a few ceiling mounted AP’s in the 15 foot high rooms, and some in the 10 foot high rooms.  That’s just one example.  I have an area where the ceiling is around 25 feet high.  So, you see my issue.

J

GTM-P2G8KFN