cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

In Priority Flow Control, Pause for Priority greater than 3 Pauses everything just like normal ethernet frame control Pause

In Priority Flow Control, Pause for Priority greater than 3 Pauses everything just like normal ethernet frame control Pause

Danial_Jalil
New Contributor
In Priority Flow Control, Pause for Priority greater than 3 Pauses everything just like normal ethernet frame control Pause. I want that lets say pause for priority 4 pauses only priorty 4 traffic but currently it pauses everything.
14 REPLIES 14

Hi Danial, what EXOS version you are using now?

Did you already opened a GTAC case?

When using PFC with priority >=4 , you say that the every queue is paused. Did you perform a packet capture to confirm that the switch is sending the PFC packets with wrong PFC priority values?

Danial_Jalil
New Contributor
Could there be any other reason apart from old patch?

Danial_Jalil
New Contributor
Secondly whenever i changing the mapping using configure dot1p type command .. which ever priority i give to qp4,qp5,qp6 the same problem is there.. i mean for example if i assign priority 1 to qp4 then if i intend to pause priority 1 the priorities assigned to qp5, qp6 regardless of their value are also paused. so its not the priority i think its the QOS profile that has a bug. because any priority value assigned to QP4,qp5, qp6, shows the same problem.. what do u think?

StephenW
Extreme Employee
Take a look at the below article. Let us know if you have any questions.

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-Obtain-and-Upgrade-EXOS

Danial_Jalil
New Contributor
@stephen, that makes sense. can u help me in how to upgrade it to the new patch? i mean from where do i get it?

GTM-P2G8KFN