cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP connectivity

IP connectivity

Danial_Jalil
New Contributor
I am trying to connect switch using management port. The ip assigned to management port can be pinged but when i ping the default gateway it is not pingable.. that is switch is not reachable. Please tell me how to solve the problem.

13 REPLIES 13

Additional EXOS Virtual Router context that aligns to Mr. Flouret's post.

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/What-is-a-Virtual-Router

Danial_Jalil
New Contributor
Thanks Henrique. let me give it a try.

Henrique
Extreme Employee
Hi Danial, if you have connectivity through the MGMT interface (when doing ping vr vr-mgmt a.b.c.d) you should be able to download the firmware from tftp server.

I'm wondering if the TFTP is up and running without any issue. To confirm that I would recommend you to open a wireshark in the TFTP server and try to download the firmware from the switch VR-mgmt. Then you will be able to see if the requests are being sent from the switch and receiving by the server.

Danial_Jalil
New Contributor
Well i have to upgrade firmware of the exos switch. The firmware is placed on a server. now i used the command Habe die 16.1.3.6 runtergeladen. download image X.X.X.X summitX-16.1.3.6.xos vr vr-m but it said fauked ti download image tftp time out. i assinged ip to management interface so now i can ping the destination ip that is X.X.X.X but the download doesnt happen. what am i doing wrong here?

P.S i am aware that there are of the 2Vrs and their respective roles

davidj_cogliane
Contributor
I wish I could recall the specifics but I am on vacation and don't feel like thinking that hard right now.

We have 2 lab switches at our office that are on the network via their management port. This allows us to play with different routing options while still being able to access the switches from our desks.

But now that you are making me think about it... Those switches don't actually pass traffic from one VR to the other.

So to get from one VR to the other, you need a second device. We have a deployment with an internal and external VR and the firewall is used to pass traffic from one to the other as needed.

Thanks for catching that.

GTM-P2G8KFN