Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LACP connected host --- two tier MLAG --- LACP connected host

LACP connected host --- two tier MLAG --- LACP connected host

enrico_kunert
New Contributor
Hi all,

we have the following testsetup and i have a question regarding the different ping behavior as shown below... plz have a look and thank you in advance

two tier MALG with two connected LACP Hosts/switches

config as shown below....

testcases.....

thx

8 REPLIES 8

Roy_Noh
Extreme Employee
Hello Enrico,

I actually didn't get the assumption that you are saying with "normal connected devices without a mlag peer configuration at the edge port, with devices at mlag peer configured edge ports at the same MLAG switch".
Do you mean by that there's no mlag peer configuration between two dist switches and connect a access switch to both of them? Then it definitely makes a loop.
Can you explain it for better understanding?

enrico_kunert
New Contributor
Hey Roy,

yep thx, u´re right^^ it´s working now.

I have another question, regarding migrating the hole system from EAPS Domain to this two Tier MLAG design.

- currently we use LACP connected devices or single connected devices

- we want to migrate them Step by Step to the MLAG

e.g.: enable mlag port 3:2 peer isc-test-2 id 71

- is it a problem to run "normal" connected devices without a mlag peer configuration at the edge port, with devices at mlag peer configured edge ports at the same MLAG switch?

Are there any known challenges or best practices to get this done without greater interruptions?

thx in advance!

Roy_Noh
Extreme Employee
I think this article also will be helpful for better understanding.

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-configure-MLAG-in-Extreme-switches/...

Please check "Step 5: Add data carrying VLANs." carefully.

Roy_Noh
Extreme Employee
Hello Enrico,
It seems all of ISC ports do not have data vlan "v_test" as tagged.
Can you check again after you assign the ISC ports to the vlan as tagged port on all the switches?

GTM-P2G8KFN