Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

meter almost works for me. No counters via cli, via snmp, no snmp traps

meter almost works for me. No counters via cli, via snmp, no snmp traps

Pedro2
New Contributor
Hi

I have xos 16.1.3.6-patch1-8 on my summit670. Try to use meter as an ingress shaper to limit udp and icmp flood. Shaping seems to work but problem is with notification. As far as i tested, only syslog message works. Counters via cli still show 0, i can't find counters OID via snmp. There is no trap sended to my zabbix. Counter in ACL works, is accessible via snmp but only amount of packets. There is some better version of xos without this bug ?

thanks for help
Pedro

entry 1 {
if match all {
protocol udp ;
destination-address 192.168.192.1/32 ;
}
then {
count icmp_udp ;
meter ingmeter0 ;
permit;
}
}

# show configuration | include meter

configure meter ingmeter0 committed-rate 100 Pps max-burst-size 10 packets out-actions drop log trap ports "group_port_11"

# show access-list meter ports 11 ingress

=================================================================================
Policy Name Vlan Name Port
Committed Max Burst Out-of-Profile Out-of-Profile
Meter Rate Size Action DSCP Packet Count
=================================================================================
icmp_drop * 11
ingmeter0 100 pps 10 pkt L T - Dr - 0

# show access-list counter ports 11 ingress

Policy Name Vlan Name Port Direction
Counter Name Packet Count Byte Count
==================================================================
icmp_drop * 11 ingress
icmp_udp 170584530

syslog:
Ingress Traffic on port 11 exceeded the configured rate of meter ingmeter0 resulting in change of out-of-profile status to true.

8 REPLIES 8

Henrique
Extreme Employee
Hi Pedro, I could not find any OID to get those values from snmp.

Regarding the counters I will perform some tests and update this thread.

Pedro2
New Contributor
Hi

I checked also Henrique advice, counter doesn't work in cli. Don't know the oid of this counter, mayby via snmp works.

# show meter "ingmeter0" out-of-profile global-count Global

Out-of-profile
Meter Packet Count
=================================== ===============
ingmeter0 0

In previous thread was about don't limiting by meter (little burst size helped) , this thread is about lack of notification. Maybe it should be merged

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hello Pedro, This sounds very similar to the other question you're working on in this thread: meter doesn't work for me
If this issue is related, let's keep conversation there to make it easier for others to assist.

Henrique
Extreme Employee
Hi Pedro, could you please check the command below and share if that works for you?

show meter {metername} out-of-profile {{disabled-ports} ports [portlist | port_group] | global-count}
GTM-P2G8KFN