cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the ARP and MAC table limits on x440 and x460G2?

What are the ARP and MAC table limits on x440 and x460G2?

Germán_Persello
New Contributor
Hello everyone,

I'd like to know the ARP and MAC table limits on both the x440 and x460G2, and I wanted to know if there's a per-VLAN limit for MAC addresses or if it's more of a 'global' limit.

Thanks!

Germán.

15 REPLIES 15

Oh, I see... It striked me as odd that the limits were different between the one in Specifications and the one showing in EXOS. Thanks for the info on the x460-G2 too, indeed I find the default configuration good enough.

Thanks again!

didn't notice you were requesting that info also for x460-G2. This platform has the UFT capability, which gives you some latitude as you can favor L2 or L3 depending on your needs. I presume the default configuration will be good enough in most situation: 64K MAC and ~38K ARP (assuming min LPM).

Hi,

the command you need to find the L3 HW limits of a platform is the following:

sh iproute reserved-entries statistics

The ARP limit for x440 is 509.

The command sh iparp gives a software limit, that you can configure, but not a hardware limit (what really matters for you).

Great, thanks this is exactly what I needed. Thanks a lot!

Kawawa
Extreme Employee
Actually, I was incorrect about the ARP entries, looking at the show iparp output on an X440-48t, I am seeing an 8192 ARP entry limit. and as far as I know,there aren't any limits per VLAN
X440-48t-10G.2 # show iparp
-truncated-
Max ARP entries : 8192 Max ARP pending entries : 256
ARP address check: Enabled ARP refresh : Enabled
Timeout : 20 minutes ARP Sender-Mac Learning : Disabled
Locktime : 1000 milliseconds
Retransmit Time : 1000 milliseconds
Reachable Time : 900000 milliseconds (Auto)
Fast Convergence : Off
GTM-P2G8KFN