cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can OneFabric Connect Push information?

Can OneFabric Connect Push information?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Currently have a requirement based on wireless location tracking in that we are able to successfully create areas in OneView and have NAC dynamically push policy changes when moving in and out of said areas....

The additional feature we require is the ability to push that information to a 3rd party application like a MDM solution.

My perception of the API is that you can query and send change requests, but there is no method that automatically pushes data out of the API, say when there is a area change to assist in dynamic 3rd party engagement.

My thoughts around this is that you can poll the OneFabric connect API with say a specific username or IP address and look at the policy in use, if it changes, then you could react. Problem with this is that it doesn't scale well.

Interested in any thoughts.

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi James, thanks for posting....

MobileIron, which I know there is already a module for but what I don't know is if / how we can push Extreme's Wireless Location Tracking feature to it?

James_A
Valued Contributor
Which MDM do you want to integrate with? There are some OFConnect modules that push information, generally user identification to other network security products.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Tyler,

That's a fantastic answer. Just in the process of seeing if that is a viable solution and will post back.

Many thanks.

TylerMarcotte
Extreme Employee
Martin,

One thing that you may be able to take advantage of is the Notification Engine in NAC. It can be triggered by multiple events and conditions can be applied that are based on the current state of an end system and any rule components. Based on those events and conditions being matched, multiple actions can be taken. Some of those actions include a Syslog message, SNMP Trap, Email, or a custom script being executed.

This may be a method that you could use to send information from NAC to an external service.

Tyler
GTM-P2G8KFN