Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

protocol based vlans

protocol based vlans

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Apr 5 2012 5:57AM

Hello,

I want to change our vlans to protocol based vlans ipv4 (etype 0x0800, 0x0806). Till now we match all unfiltered protocols. At first i tried to list all configured vlans on the switch. This is my way to get the output of all configured Vlans.

set var CLI.OUT " "
show vlan
set var list1 $TCL(list ${CLI.OUT})
show var list1

In the 2nd step I want to bind every listed vlan to the protocol ipv4 (conf vlan protocol ip). But how can I do that? Do you have an idea, how can I make this by scripting?

Thanks for your help.

M (from matthias_mager)
7 REPLIES 7

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Apr 10 2012 1:35AM

Hi Arpit,

great, it´s working. My testswitch runs with EXOS Version 12.6.1.3. All configured vlans were changed from "any" to "ipv4" vlans. Only the vlan Mgmt could not changed (--> Error: Cannot configure VLAN Mgmt). I think this is a system internal issue....

Till now we match all unfiltered protocols ("protocol any"). I want to change our vlans to protocol based vlans ipv4 (etype 0x0800, 0x0806) because of security problems with ethertype 0x86dd _ ipv6.
Up to now, unfortunately, I have not dealt a lot with scripting. so i need certain some time to understand each line of the script....

With the scripting function in Ridgline, it is a very big simplification to change the vlan configuration of all switches.

Thanks a lot.

Matthias

(from matthias_mager)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Apr 6 2012 2:19AM

Works like a charm on 12.3.3.6 as well. So it should work for any version from 12.3-12.6

(from Arpit_Bhatt)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Apr 6 2012 2:14AM

I don't know why i worked more than an hour on this. But here is the whole script for you...This was tested in 12.6.2 and works as expected. It has some regex and searchs which are based on the output of show vlan. If your output of show vlan does not match the one in 12.6.2. This won't work.

If you want me to change the script based on your output i can help you with that but for that I would require the output of show vlan which I am sure you would be reluctant to reveal. Enough of talking here is the script

################################################################################### set var CLI.OUT " " show vlan set var input $TCL(split ${CLI.OUT} "\n") set var v3 $TCL(lsearch -regexp $input "Total number of VLAN*") set var y2 $TCL(lindex $input $v3) set var y3 $TCL(lindex $y2 5) set var y4 $TCL(expr $y3 +1) set var count 1 while ($count < $y4 ) do set var y5 $TCL(expr $count +4) set var y6 $TCL(lindex $input $y5) set var y7 $TCL(lindex $y6 0) set var count ($count + 1) conf vlan $y7 protocol ip # show var y7 endwhile ##################################################################################################################### Let me know if that works for you. Thanks, Arpit

(from Arpit_Bhatt)
GTM-P2G8KFN