Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNMP V2c

SNMP V2c

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Apr 19 2012 1:15AM

Hi Guys,

I tried to configure SNMpV2c on extreme black diamond ..and used the command # configure snmp add comunity readonly

I would like to know if this is the right command for snmp v2c as when I tried to check my command in the show configuration it was showing something like:

configure snmpv3 add comunity readonly user v1v2c-ro?????

Can you please let me know if this is right if not what would be the command to configure v2c as I was trying command configure snmp comunity readonly ...and it wasn't working.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

qasim

(from qasim_khan)
3 REPLIES 3

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Apr 19 2012 10:11AM

Hey Qasim

There are two commands in basic Mirroring. For doing remote mirroring you need to visit the concepts guide as it is more difficult and they have a great example to walk through.

The commands are enable mirror to port
Configure mirror add (default setting is to mirror both ingress and egress traffic for a 8800 or 20800)

As for training we do offer all of our training for free online:

For ENA material, you can download it off the training webpage at:

http://www.extremenetworks.com/solutions/training-guides.aspx

If you want to be enrolled into the free ENA Online course, they can register for it here:

http://www.extremenetworks.com/WebApps/Public/Training/?eventID=1116name=ExtremeXOS%20Operation%20and%20Configuration%20(ENA)%20(Online)&isonline=1

Hope that helps

P (from Paul_Russo)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Apr 19 2012 8:22AM

Hi Prusso,

Thanks for your reply. I would also like to know the commands for port mirroring for extreme black diamond if possible please?

I am a cisco guy, would like to go for extreme networks training but can't seem to find the training centre in england near where I live because most of our customers have got Extreme switches in their network.

Regards,

(from qasim_khan)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Apr 19 2012 6:22AM

Hey Qasim

Yes that is the correct command. And yes it will show up in the config as configure snmpv3 community name user v1_v2c_ro

You can verify this by either doing a show snmpv3 community or by doing a show configuration snmp. The first command shows you all of the community strings that are in the configuration including the default. The second command shows only the changes in the config. A show configuration snmp detail will show the changes and the default snmp values in the config.

Thanks
P (from Paul_Russo)
GTM-P2G8KFN