Did you mean: 

UPM triggers

UPM triggers

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Aug 2 2012 3:34PM

From the concepts guide:
Dynamic Profiles
Dynamic profiles are so named because they are dynamically triggered by the following types of events:
Device discovery and disconnect
User or standards-based authentication and logoff
Time of day
Switch events reported by the Event Management System (EMS)

my question is the Last ITEM in the list
how would one go about using an EMS message to trigger a script?
I cant see where I can configure UPM to do this... and the concepts guide is a little vauge in this one topic.

thanks for any help
Dave

my question is the Last ITEM in the listhow would one go about using an EMS message to trigger a script?I cant see where I can configure UPM to do this... and the concepts guide is a little vauge in this one topic.thanks for any helpDave (from Dave_Rahn)
1 REPLY 1

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Sep 5 2012 2:08PM

Hey DaveIn order to use EMS you need to create a log target and log filter. Here's one that looks for a port up state on port 21 to launch a UPM script call powerup profile.create log target upm PowerUpProfilecreate log filter PowerUpFilterconfigure log filter PowerUpFilter add event "vlan.msgs.portLinkStateUp" match string 21enable log target upm "PowerUpProfile"You can then use the show log event {event name in this case vlan.msgs.portlinkstateup} to see the variables as seen below(Private) G8032.lab.sw1.5 # show log event vlan.msgs.portlinkstateup detailComponent SubComponent Condition Severity Parameters----------- ------------ ----------------------- ------------- ----------vlan msgs portLinkStateUp Info 3 Total 0 - string 1 - string 2 - stringPort %0% link UP at speed %1% and %2%hope this helps.P (from Paul_Russo)
GTM-P2G8KFN