cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow: inclusive parallel and mail activity not working properly (coding help needed)

Workflow: inclusive parallel and mail activity not working properly (coding help needed)

Alessandro_Maio
New Contributor II

Gentle hubber,

this is my workflow schema

dcdb18b341be4083843855284c363465_dc76b7fe-20ef-4c0d-bef1-1086d31778e0.jpg

It is a simple workflow that runs on any JunOS device in our netwkork environment once a day. It launches “show chassis alarms” to look for some particular malfunctions that are not sysloggable by the device. If there are alarms they are written in a log file on the server and and email is prepaired for every device containing its own alarms.

There are five workflow’s scope variables to handle this passage of informations:

• GLB_found: is the most important since it can be initialized with “nothing”, “alarms”, “errors” and use the inclusive parallel selection to trigger the right path.
  • GLB_cli_output: filled with switch alarms
  • GLB_file_path: used to manage the log file position on the server
  • GLB_switch_header: it passes the email object field like i want it to be
  • GLB_email_body: it is filled with alarms

Two things are not working after more that 300 attempts. Here it is the first: the central inclusive parallel don’t trigger the right path even though i can see that the variables are correctly valorized and the check is made looking if the variable GLB_found is “Equals to” “nothing”/”alarms”/”errors”.

The second one is: when (randomly) the inclusive trigger the alarms path, only one email is sent for one device evev if there are multiple devices choosen by me that should be there.

If you want i can past the code of each box here.

Thank you for the support

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee

The 8.4.3 will address the bug with conditions. 8.4.3 is expected mid April (very soon).

There is a fix available for 8.4.2. Ask GTAC.

regarding the email, one of options you have:

• each activity can store the content to the unique file (user+workflow_name+IP)
  • the next activity will combine content of those files and prepare email
  • the email will be generated with combination

As inspiration you can use ERS inventory workflow.

Good luck and stay safe!

Regards Zdeněk Pala

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Alessandro_Maio
New Contributor II

Wow thank you for this availability,

In which platform do you mean you we can schedule the session with the nickname zpala? Skype? Zoom?

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee

If you contact me directly (zpala), we can schedule online session and go through the workflow. I agree the workflow is complex, but the idea is not so difficult to explain.

Regards Zdeněk Pala

Alessandro_Maio
New Contributor II

Hi Zdenek,

yes i am in a safe place working at home. Great that there will be an imminent update and for the GTAC option.

I was somehow thinking about the file way you mentioned even if i am not so sure how to deal with device count or info combination. I was even already studying the workflow you send me, i found it on https://github.com/extremenetworks/ExtremeScripting/tree/master/Netsight/oneview_workflows

as ERS inventory.

The script is a bit complex to understand for me but i am learning a lot studying it

Thank you, best regards

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee

The 8.4.3 will address the bug with conditions. 8.4.3 is expected mid April (very soon).

There is a fix available for 8.4.2. Ask GTAC.

regarding the email, one of options you have:

• each activity can store the content to the unique file (user+workflow_name+IP)
  • the next activity will combine content of those files and prepare email
  • the email will be generated with combination

As inspiration you can use ERS inventory workflow.

Good luck and stay safe!

Regards Zdeněk Pala
GTM-P2G8KFN