Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme Control Appliance as accounting proxy for sso

Extreme Control Appliance as accounting proxy for sso

PeterK
Contributor III
Hello,

is it possible to use control appliance/engine as accounting proxy for sso on firewalls?

situation:
Control appliance/engine is set as radius & accounting server.
We like to forward accounting information to firewall for using SSO and authentication based policy on firewall.

Is this possible and is it possible without NMS ADV & Connect-API?
8 REPLIES 8

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee

But “create connect module” and “send radius accounting” are two different questions… Thank you for request to clarification.

I am using “LightSpeed Systems” connect module to send radius accounting messages to 3rd party solutions. The module sends the info if both IP and Username is known.

Proxy Radius Accounting (Radius server settings) is used only if Proxy to upstream Radius server is used (AAA rules)

Regards Zdeněk Pala

PeterK
Contributor III

thank you.

Just to prevent a misunderstanding, there is no other way to send only radius accounting information to other radius servers or devices like firewalls?

In NAC AAA you can define uplink radius servers and enable “Proxy RADIUS Accounting Requests”

But from my understanding I can’t use this, when my local control-engines handle the complete authentication process, right?

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee

Hi PeterK

Connect modules are delivered/developed/maintained by Extreme. You can create your own “middleware” that will use Connect or XMC through NBI.

Regards Zdeněk Pala

PeterK
Contributor III

Do we have any updates here regarding sso forwarding?

Is it now possible to create "connect modules" yourself? If so, is there any documentation?

GTM-P2G8KFN