Data Center (MLX & CER/CES)

View Only
  • 1.  FPGA Image Mismatch

Posted 03-24-2022 11:46
    I am trying to install a new NI-MLX-10Gx8-D module and I get a FPGA Image Mismatch.  I have read the documentation and it states the it is because of a version mismatch between FPGA applications and hardware results in system failure and continuous reboot on every module initialization failure.  The million dollar question is how do I update and/or downgrade the FPGA Image to match.  I have looked at sever commands to copy from flash but can not find what is the name of the file I need to update and a detailed procedure to do it.

• 2.  RE: FPGA Image Mismatch

Posted 03-25-2022 04:34
    Edited by joergkost 03-25-2022 04:36

Do you have the release files - matching your management and chassis releasing - sitting on a TFTP server somewhere? Then, after the card stops booting, you need to copy the images onto the new card.

lp boot system interactive $SLOT

copy tftp lp $TFTP /MLX/Monitor/InterfaceModule/xmlb$RELEASE.bin monitor $SLOT

copy tftp lp $TFTP /MLX/Boot/InterfaceModule/xmlprm$RELEASE.bin boot $SLOT

copy tftp lp $TFTP /MLX/Combined/FPGA/lpfpga$RELEASE.bin fpga-all $SLOT

power-off lp $SLOT
    power-on lp $SLOT

Replace $TFTP with the IP of your TFTP, $RELEASE with your release version and $SLOT with the corresponding slot, where the module was inserted. 

• 3.  RE: FPGA Image Mismatch

Posted 03-25-2022 08:32
    Edited by joergkost 03-25-2022 08:32
    Could you try to run
    lp sync $SLOT?
    then?

The firmware would be downloadable from the customer portal https://extremeportal.force.com/ - providing your company has an account or/and a maintenance agreement.

Could you also run the following commands to get the idea what kind of system we are talking about:
    show version management | include Iron
    show chassis | include slot
    show mod

• 4.  RE: FPGA Image Mismatch

Posted 03-29-2022 03:35
    Hello Dennis, 

did you receive my PM? Do you need more support?

BR
    Jörg

• 5.  RE: FPGA Image Mismatch

Posted 03-29-2022 08:19
    Did not receive a pm but we are trying to reach out to see if we have a support contract.  I work for a large government agency and the contracting firms for support of this equipment has change a few times so it might take a while to research the support contract with Extreme Networks.