cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stacking configuration for X670V-48t with X670G2-48x-4q

Stacking configuration for X670V-48t with X670G2-48x-4q

Evan_Swanson
New Contributor
I am trying to stack X670V-48t with X670G2-48x-4q but I am unsure of the physical cable configuration required for any of the modes (v80, v160, v320). The X670V-48t has the VIM4 module. The G2 has 4 QSFP ports on the front. I've tried a few different physical configurations but when I run easy setup it says it is a daisy-chain and that there is only one node. I have run enable stacking commands as well as configured the stack ports for v180. I am questioning though if the physical setup is correct.

Any guidance would be welcome.
4 REPLIES 4

davidj_cogliane
Contributor
I am not sure about stacking G1s and G2s. I do know that one the G2s we have stacked using the front ports we had to configure stacking support on the front ports and then enable stacking support. I can not recall the exact command for configuring stacking support on the front ports but you should be able to tab your way through.

I would be curious to know if you are able to stack G1s and G2s after getting those ports configured.

Yes. We can do stack with G2 and G1 platforms.
We must ensure below things on both nodes before do stacking

- EXOS Image should same
- Active partition should be same
- Stacking protocol should be same (G2 platforms supports only enhancement protocol, But G1 supports both Standard and enhanced. default is standard.
- License on both nodes

Welcome to the Hub Evan.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience here with the Community. Always great to see the story end well and share what you figured out. We all benefit from that. Good stuff!

I figured out the problem. The G2 uses the enhanced stacking protocol. I had to configure the other switch to use the enhanced protocol as well. Once I did that the switches could see each other and easy-setup took care of the rest.
GTM-P2G8KFN