cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We need a script to backup configuration of switch B5G124 FROM Inventory Manager using SCP protocol

We need a script to backup configuration of switch B5G124 FROM Inventory Manager using SCP protocol

jose_barrientos
New Contributor
We need a script to backup configuration of switch B5G124 FROM Inventory Manager using SCP protocol.
5 REPLIES 5

Tomasz_Lubas
New Contributor III
Hello,

i had the same problem some times ago.

Working solution you can find below.
I've changed scp user and pass to scp. You should create scp user on netsight server.

/usr/local/Extreme_Networks/NetSight/appdata/InventoryMgr/properties/devicefiles

-- Use these scripts to manage Enterasys devices
name="B5 SCP Enterasys Networks"
desc="B5 SCP Enterasys Networks SSH/TFTP Scripts"
protocol=scp
--
-----BEGIN PRE-SCRIPT "Configuration Upload"-----
-- create /home/scp/b5-config.cfg
-- create absoluteFilePath2
-----END PRE-SCRIPT-----

-----BEGIN SCRIPT "Configuration Upload"-----
delete configs/config-b5.cfg
@RECEIVE 5
show config outfile configs/config-b5.cfg
@RECEIVE 25
copy configs/config-b5.cfg scp://%SCP_USER%:%SCP_PSWD%@%SCP_IP%/%RELATIVE_TARGET_FILE_PATH%
@RECEIVE 25
exit
-----END SCRIPT-----

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
In Netsight open the web help and search for "How to Set Up Third-Party Device Support".
There you'd find a description how to add a custom device definition file = script.

I've tried it myself but the new file wasn't visible in the pull down menu to select - not sure what I'm doing wrong - I've restarted Netsight & the client.

The part in the file for the config backup looks like below but as I've mentioned I wasn't able to test it so I'm not sure whether it's correct..

-----BEGIN SCRIPT "Configuration Upload"-----
delete configs/jcn3p.cfg
show config outfile configs/jcn3p.cfg
@receive 20
copy configs/jcn3p.cfg scp://%SCP_USER%:%SCP_PSWD%@%SCP_IP%/%TARGET_FILE_NAME%
exit

PeterK
Contributor III
scp...on this position is wrong...because it describes the method of moving config from switch to netsight-server / inventory-manager.
When your Netsight-Sever is running on linux you need to create a cron-job using root-rights.

jose_barrientos
New Contributor
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for answer,

I selected SCP like transfer method, but it no works

but Inventory Manager shows me the following message

i have the following configuration on " IMAGES INFORMATION" tab

GTM-P2G8KFN