cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.4Ghz only SSID possible

2.4Ghz only SSID possible

Melmaninga
New Contributor

Is it possible with a AH230 or AH245x to setup an SSID that is 2.4Ghz only?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, within the SSID settings towards the top of the page where you enter the name of the SSID, you should see a section called Broadcast SSID Using and then two check boxes for Wifi0 (2.4GHz) and Wifi1 (5GHz). Uncheck the box next to Wifi1 to disable 5GHz for that SSID.

If you would rather do this on a per AP basis instead of in the SSID settings, you can go to Manage> Devices> Click on the name of your AP> Go to Configure on the left hand side menu within the AP settings> Go to Interface Settings on the left hand side menu> Expand Wireless Interfaces> Go to the Wifi1 tab> Toggle the radio status to OFF to disable the 5GHz radio for that AP. Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Melmaninga
New Contributor

Thanks Sam.

Excellent Instructions!  I did see that setting, but on my console it says  Wifi0 (2.4GHz or 5GHz) and Wifi1 (5GHz only).  However, I flicked it on and it worked as you suggested.  I’ve attached a pic for future reference.

Thanks!

8c68bd31fa16485a841f1764cc58f794_2f4e6ddb-adb3-4d1a-9f7a-17728c24f1ff.png

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, within the SSID settings towards the top of the page where you enter the name of the SSID, you should see a section called Broadcast SSID Using and then two check boxes for Wifi0 (2.4GHz) and Wifi1 (5GHz). Uncheck the box next to Wifi1 to disable 5GHz for that SSID.

If you would rather do this on a per AP basis instead of in the SSID settings, you can go to Manage> Devices> Click on the name of your AP> Go to Configure on the left hand side menu within the AP settings> Go to Interface Settings on the left hand side menu> Expand Wireless Interfaces> Go to the Wifi1 tab> Toggle the radio status to OFF to disable the 5GHz radio for that AP. Hope that helps!

GTM-P2G8KFN