cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

650 - 802.1X SSID - Lightspeed radius accounting wired issue when switch to NG and 650 access points.

650 - 802.1X SSID - Lightspeed radius accounting wired issue when switch to NG and 650 access points.

agroch
New Contributor

Experts,

With new NG and 650 we have noticed something unusual. We use 802.1X SSID so users login to the wifi with radius and accounting is pointed to Lightspeed so at same time user is authenticated with content filter with proper policy. That seemed to work with classic and 230 since we did not have any reports about that issue. Now with new setup end users reports issue with "internet issue" when start moving. When user login to wifi lightspeed also recognize that user and place to proper rule set policy. When I start walking and going through the walkway I see a lot of Radius login / logout and finally there is no login back to radius and user is not recognised - when this happens Lightspeed place a user into very limited policy when a lot of sites does not work like GUEST. The work around is turn off wifi and turned back on, then user is properly recognised by Lightspeed. Like I said when we use classic with 230 we did not have that issue. Lightspeed blames radius or and Aerohive . I don't want to judge any parties at this time. I wonder if you seems to see similar cases. The roaming looks ok I mean there is ping time out when I walk on the hallway so I understand when laptop disconnects and connect top another 650 there must be time out so I see login out and then login back to radius and according Lightspeed there should not be so many logins and klog outs. Any idea?

3 REPLIES 3

agroch
New Contributor

Thank you Keith, I don't see on old forum something similar to my case, a couple of questions I posted long time ago does not exist anymore. However, I found on other forums not aerohive but no resolution to any one of them.

weekdaysailor
Contributor

weekdaysailor
Contributor

There are a couple of threads on the old HiveNation archive - search "lightspeed" (I think it's the same?) and there's some relevant posts. This sounds maybe like excessive roaming?

GTM-P2G8KFN