cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

802.1x+cert Auth over Wifi seem to lag

802.1x+cert Auth over Wifi seem to lag

michael_borek
New Contributor II

Since maybe 2 months, client's can only connect after a too long period of time, causing NETLOGON 5719, Group Policy 1129 and time-service 129 events on windows Clients. Portfast on our switches are enabled. But Policies and drives are not really applying even after forcing gpupdate.

Sometimes I also receive DNS events, because the DC couldn't be resolved at Logon.

But after Logging in, everything else works normal. I can resolve everything. Time get's sync after some time.

What wonders me, if I use PSK for auth, everything works fine.

We have AP250 Models with currently 8.4r8 HiveOS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

michael_borek
New Contributor II

Fixed it just today on my own.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

mjackiw
New Contributor

Thanks for letting me know, good luck on finding a solution!

michael_borek
New Contributor II

I realized that, I fixed it and somehow I didn't.

I created a Test-SSID with 1:1 same auth methods. I also changed NTP and DNS adresses, cause all where aiming to aerohive.pool servers from outside our company.

Additionally I copied the AD GPO's into a new TestOU, edited WLAN policy to aim for the Test-SSID, enabled SSON in the same policy. Took a Notebook and pushed it to the TestOU. And see there, everything works as expected.

I made the same changes to the prod system, but it didn't help, so somehow I am still analyzing what the real cause is.

mjackiw
New Contributor

What did you do? This sounds very much like what's happening with us where intermittent users can't connect on our open SSID for the public but our secure SSID is just fine, and like you we thought it was a DNS situation but that nor upgrading HiveOS didn't work.

michael_borek
New Contributor II

Fixed it just today on my own.

GTM-P2G8KFN