cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any guide for voice over IP optimization for AeroHive wireless networks?

Is there any guide for voice over IP optimization for AeroHive wireless networks?

tim_gerlach
New Contributor
4 REPLIES 4

tim_gerlach
New Contributor

Thank you Sam, I was not able to find these pages via search.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for clarifying for me. We recommend that WMM be enabled unless you are using older VoIP phone models. A detailed explaination of our WMM feature and when we recommend having it on or off can be found on this page, in the WMM section- http://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/ng/Content/gui/configuration/configuring-ssid-optional-settings.htm?Highlight=WMM

For QoS, I would recommend increasing the priority for VoIP traffic. This will only come in to play when there is contention for bandwidth, and it won't prevent other traffic from going through, just dedicate more effort to passing the VoIP traffic continuously as it's own stream of traffic. For more information on the QoS settings we offer, I would recommend this page- http://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/ng/Content/gui/configuration/configuring-user-profile-qos-settings.htm?Highlight=QoS

Is that what you were looking for? Please let me know if I can expand on or clarify anything.

tim_gerlach
New Contributor

We are particularly looking for some best practice recommendations to integrate WIFI VoIP phones into an existing setup. I know there are no general answers but maybe some cook book for WMM/QoS etc. to get optimal call quality.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Since every VOIP device or service is a bit different, we typically ask for the manufacturers recommendations and make sure we match as best we can on the Aerohive side of things. Did you have a particular service in mind?

GTM-P2G8KFN