cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerohive AP250 HiveOS 8.2r6 build-228034 issue with AP not functioning

Aerohive AP250 HiveOS 8.2r6 build-228034 issue with AP not functioning

mfreewalt1
New Contributor

I am currently experiencing an issue where we completely configure an AP it works just fine in our office, we take it to the site and change the name to the one we are replacing and the AP crashes emits only an orange light. i try resetting it and still nothing. i change it to a different switch port with a new cable configured properly to our AP configuration still nothing. we take it back to our main location and we can reset it.  I would really like some clarification on this as currently we have tried this with 3 AP's and all of them experience the same issue.

2 REPLIES 2

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Hey Michael,

Can you please provide the running config from the AP and the running config from the switch at the remote site? This will allow us to determine why the AP isn't able to connect to HiveManager when connected at the remote site.

Please run these commands on the AP (if possible while it's connected at the remote site). Also please indicate which switch port you are connecting the AP to at the remote site.

#show run

#show capwap client

#show dns

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Which HiveManager platform are you using? This guide will walk you through how to determine which HiveManager you are using, for reference: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Which-HiveManager-Platform-am-I-using

GTM-P2G8KFN