cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyway to stop a hung update?

Anyway to stop a hung update?

dparsons
Contributor

Beside removing the device and having to spend 2+ hours reprogramming it has anyone found any trick to stop the process? It has been over an hour now and the thing is still hung. I am running on cloud and so I cannot reboot it like I did with on premise.

5 REPLIES 5

dparsons
Contributor

It was connected. Not to be rude but I know what caused the lockup and it is not a connection issue. I appreciate you trying but my original question was how to break out of the lockup.

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III

Does "show hive manager status" show "connected" during the hung config?

dparsons
Contributor

Sorry, failed to mention this was on a switch. So no CAPWAP. Stopped and started the hiveagent on the switch but it had no change on the status. I could update the switch from the cli with no issue and the port status would update in the GUI when ports would go up and down so the HiveManager was talking to the switch. I think it is a defect in the GUI that causes the condition and have a case open to see if they can recreate it. It is just when it happens it really sucks that you have to wait so long to be able to push the config, especially when you have students or in this case my boss waiting for the change.

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III

Usually the timeouts occur if capwap has been lost. If you ssh into the device and reestablish capwap, would that create the communication necessary for HM to realize the update failure and lessen the wait time?

GTM-P2G8KFN