cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP 130 staged when updating.

AP 130 staged when updating.

tomasz_halasa
New Contributor

I'm trying to update AP 130 from 8.0r1 to 8.2r4 but the update status changes to 'Staged' everytime

I've tried to factry reset it but it didn't help.

It says that the connection was lost but I'm monitoring the network port all the time and it's always live so I'm not sure why the AP 130 goes offline?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

If you could SSH in to the AP and enable the following debugs, wait for the issue to happen again, and then get tech data, I can take a look and see why the HiveManager reports the AP as disconnected when it is still powered on and broadcasting.

CAPWAP debugs:

_debug capwap info

_debug capwap basic

_debug capwap stat

(These will be erased if the AP reboots. You can also manually disable these at any time by adding "no" to the start of the command; for example "no _debug capwap info")

To get tech data in HiveManager, we would want to go to Tools> Utilities> Get tech data> Check the box next to the device> Get tech data (blue button at the top of the page this time).

This guide reviews how to get tech data from the CLI of the AP in case that is more convenient:

https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Collecting-Tech-Data-via-CLI

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

tomasz_halasa
New Contributor

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your help.

Looks like the IP address was colliding with a different device.

However I will save the above commands because I'm sure they will be helpful in a future.

Tom

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

If you could SSH in to the AP and enable the following debugs, wait for the issue to happen again, and then get tech data, I can take a look and see why the HiveManager reports the AP as disconnected when it is still powered on and broadcasting.

CAPWAP debugs:

_debug capwap info

_debug capwap basic

_debug capwap stat

(These will be erased if the AP reboots. You can also manually disable these at any time by adding "no" to the start of the command; for example "no _debug capwap info")

To get tech data in HiveManager, we would want to go to Tools> Utilities> Get tech data> Check the box next to the device> Get tech data (blue button at the top of the page this time).

This guide reviews how to get tech data from the CLI of the AP in case that is more convenient:

https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Collecting-Tech-Data-via-CLI

GTM-P2G8KFN