cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP 230's dropping clients briefly every 30 minutes

AP 230's dropping clients briefly every 30 minutes

cphillips
New Contributor

We recently upgraded our APs to HiveOS 8.2r3.199573. After the upgrade, our clients seem to have connection issues every 30 minutes for a minute or two before coming back online. We also changed our radius server from eDir to AD, but I don't think that's related. Any idea what the issue might be? I can provide additional config/info as necessary.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

I would start with what BJ is recommending. Collect and analyze the client monitor logs. You likely wont be able resolve the issue based off the client monitor alone, but it can help narrow down the issue. If you see 4-way handshake failures then there may be an issue with how the AP is communicating with the client. However if you notice problems contacting the RADIUS server then you should investigate that side. If you suspect an AP side issue first start with upgrading the AP to 8.4, if supported by the models you are running. If the issue still persiusts in the same manner after upgrading I would recommend reaching out to Aerohive Support for further debugging.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

cphillips
New Contributor

Hey all, turns out this was an issue unrelated to the aerohives/radius and just coincidental timing. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the help!

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

I would start with what BJ is recommending. Collect and analyze the client monitor logs. You likely wont be able resolve the issue based off the client monitor alone, but it can help narrow down the issue. If you see 4-way handshake failures then there may be an issue with how the AP is communicating with the client. However if you notice problems contacting the RADIUS server then you should investigate that side. If you suspect an AP side issue first start with upgrading the AP to 8.4, if supported by the models you are running. If the issue still persiusts in the same manner after upgrading I would recommend reaching out to Aerohive Support for further debugging.

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III

I would select a problematic client and run it through Client Monitor for some initial insight.

awaller081988
New Contributor II

do you have primary and secondary radius setup? can you pcap and look for issues causing failover?

what changed from eDir to AD?

GTM-P2G8KFN