cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP121 Wont update to latest version.

AP121 Wont update to latest version.

jmhar2002
New Contributor

I've tried to run the update from hivemanager connect multiple times, but this AP won't update. Any suggestions would be welcome.

13 REPLIES 13

jmhar2002
New Contributor

I have. As per my last response, after reboot it is still in the previous version. I'm trying to use tftp, but am having command format errors. What is the proper way to format the command if I want to access a file residing on the C: drive of a computer with a local IP of 192.168.3.107? I tried

save image tftp://192.168.3.107:"C:AP141-6.5r12.img.S"

and get the error

ERROR: space, ?, and " need input between " and ", and " need input before it.

jmhar2002
New Contributor

What is the correct format for a tftp connection on a device 192.168.3.107 in the location C:AP141-6.5r12.img.S ? I enter

save image tftp://192.168.3.107:"C:AP141-6.5r12.img.S"

and get the error

ERROR: space, ?, and " need input between " and ", and " need input before it.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for keeping me updated, I'll look in to updating that CLI guide. Could you try the Web UI method instead in the mean time? I use that one almost daily so it should be more reliable.

jmhar2002
New Contributor

I've followed that guide, using the firmware you emailed me. I see the green progress bar again, it gets to 10% and then disappears. In it's place is a time stamp matching when it upgrades. I then move over to the cli window for the device, and there are no messages or reboot warnings. I issue the reboot command and when it comes back online, it is still in the previous version. I'm working on doing it with a tftp server, but the guide is a bit sparse. tftp is not a command.

GTM-P2G8KFN