cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added AP121s don't show up under monitor mode.

Added AP121s don't show up under monitor mode.

jmhar2002
New Contributor

I have added 3 AP121s by serial number, but only one shows up under monitor mode. I am unable to onboard them again as they show up as added to my account, but I cannot access them.

6 REPLIES 6

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Or an additional thought, it could be a firewall change since the other APs were updated which is stopping this going through.

Those are the most common causes anyway

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Likely that the there is something in the configuration it doesn't like (usually something network related such as a VLAN or service not available) or the firmware is too old currently, however this usually produces an error. Which version are you on currently? If it is something network/service related, is the VLAN available on the switch port? DNS/NTP servers accessible?

If you click on the configuration audit and go to the delta tab, is there just a couple of commands left and if so which ones, or are there many lines?

jmhar2002
New Contributor

So when I select a device and then click update device, I'm presented with the option to push out the delta or complete configuration, and then below that the option to update the HiveOS version. If I enable update the device or either configuration options and continue, then I see a green progress bar over the update time in monitor mode. After it is complete, even if I reboot the AP, it still says that it is on the version I started and the configuration Audit still says that I need to update the device..

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Could you explain further the issue with updating them? Is there an error message when pushing through the config? Do they show as updated but if you go into the delta configuration audit commands are still to be applied?

GTM-P2G8KFN