cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP122 Station 889f:6fef:2d48 is deauthenticated from c866:5d26:b9d5 thru SSID Casa Bar Free WiFi

AP122 Station 889f:6fef:2d48 is deauthenticated from c866:5d26:b9d5 thru SSID Casa Bar Free WiFi

tomislav_petrov
New Contributor

Hi,

We have installed 2xAP122 in the 100m2 coffee bar. There is a lot of disconnection on the clients.

I have capture some info from the AP's.

Can someone please advice how to solve this issue?

Thanks.

Tomislav

7 REPLIES 7

tomislav_petrov
New Contributor

Also attached you can find monitoring events output.

Regards.

tomislav_petrov
New Contributor

Hi Ashley,

Yes, the SSID is using radius captive web portal.

The max Tx power on both 2,4/5 radios are set to 15dBm.

So you advice to reduce max Tx on 2,4?

I have already pass through the article that you share and the advices are set before CLI captures, on the installation day.

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Hello,

Are they all deauth messages or are there lots of disassociation messages also? Does the SSID use a Captive Web Portal at all?

From an interference perspective and the outputs provided, the 2.4GHz looks a bit of a mess. Lots of different SSIDs can be seen and the channels used by some of the devices are far from ideal (1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12) so there will lots of overlap of the channels. Therefore it would be good to influence to the 5GHz as much as possible - either artificially through lowering the 2.4GHz power more than the 5GHz, or through band steering.

As for your own APs, from the output I can't see the current TX power but I'd recommend to lower this as you can see the other AP quite strongly.

I'd also use change the minimum data rates as per the settings in this guide to ensure the client device is connected to the stronger signal of a closer AP: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Radio-Frequency-Interference-NG

GTM-P2G8KFN